4. What if I decide after commencing a divorce proceeding that I do not wish to go forward? Can I stop the proceeding?

Yes. If a response has not been filed, you may dismiss the action by filing a request for dismissal. Once a response has been filed, the parties must mutually agree to dismiss the action. If the other party is not agreeable to dismissing the action, they can proceed to a judgment in the matter.

Posted in: Faq